The Center for Equity Promotion (CEQP) is part of the College of Education at the University of Oregon in Eugene, Oregon. CEQP is dedicated to working with communities to better understand and support the positive development of children and families, particularly those who are underserved by education, health, and social service systems. We focus on populations that bear the greatest burden of health and education disparities related to adverse social and economic conditions. Our research informs culturally-specific prevention, intervention, and policy efforts that build on community strengths. Our aim is to improve the ability of education, health, and social services delivery systems to respond to the needs of underserved communities.
CEQP Concentrates on Five Core Areas:
- substantive research;
- research methodologies;
- community engagement;
- research to practice;
- education and mentorship.
Major Themes of CEQP’s Work:
- immigrant community behavioral health and education disparities;
- immigrant community integration and access;
- family-based preventive intervention development, cultural adaptation, and dissemination;
- support for children of incarcerated parents;
- effects of mentoring programs on youth outcomes; and
- community influences on biosocial stress and health.